Protecting the Integrity of Sport
“Protecting the Integrity of Sport” includes the specific policy of “Protect children, youth and other vulnerable groups”
Welcome to the Guardian Sport
Safeguarding in Sport
Safeguarding is a term used to denote measures taken to protect the health, well-being and human rights of individuals, which allow people, especially children and vulnerable adults, to live free from harassment, abuse and exploitation.5>
Why do we need Safeguarding?
Risk of Failing to Safeguard
Cases of bullying and other events which go unreported
Duty of Care
Every person in sport has a moral and legal obligation to ensure the safety and well-being of others in sport.
Some of the key issues faced by various sporting organisations and athletes
- Protecting the Integrity of Sport
- Safeguarding all Athletes in Sport
- Safeguarding the Mental Health of Athletes
- Ensuring all Athletes, Coaches and Management have a voice.
The solution offered by The Guardian Sport division aims to address key issues by:
- Providing practical steps to implement safeguarding measures in numerous organisations with The Guardian’s Anonymous Reporting App.
- Guidance and mentoring the development of safeguarding policies and procedures, and the implementation thereof.
- Practical steps for reporting with our Anonymous Reporting Solution.
- The implementation of anonymous whistle blowing through technology.
Sexual Offenders Register Clearances in Sport
South African legislation has some of the best reactive legislation in the world, however, we are sadly lacking in the proactive Legislation and the clearance against the Sexual Offenders Register and Child Protection Register are really the only 2 pieces of proactive legislation available.
Read Testimonials and Reviews from clients of The Guardian and hear their stories on how the Anonymous Reporting App has helped them.
How we support adult survivors of child abuse
Much of our investigation work is to assist adult survivors of child abuse. All too often, adults today are challenged by dark secrets from their childhood, and The Guardian is available to discuss options and even assist in investigations of crimes that happened many years ago.
If you need help with the App:
Call: 087 550 8681